Inadequate preparation of the skin can result in streaking, blotching, uneven application, etc. The skin must be completely clean and free of any barriers that might hinder the tanning process.
PREPARE (Before airbrush tan):
1. Shave- 24 hours prior to treatment.
If you wish to get your nails done, waxing, or a facial, do so 24 hours prior to treatment.
2. Shower and exfoliate skin- Use a scrub and/or a loofah to rid of your dead skin.
If showering immediately before treatment DO NOT use a soap containing oils/moisturizers.
We recommend Jergens Natural Glow Color Primer.
3. DO NOT apply- lotions, makeup, oils, or deodorant prior to your treatment.
You may wear mascara (but remember, you won't be able to remove it for 8 hrs).
4. Wear- dark underwear/bathing suit, loose clothing and flip flops.
AVOID (Immediately after airbrush tan):
1. Do NOT get wet- No showering, washing hands, swimming, sweating, etc for at least 8 hours.
2. Avoid applying- moisturizers or deodorants for at least 8 hours after treatment.
3. Avoid tight clothing- for at least 5 hours after treatment.
4. Avoid shaving- for at least 12 hours after treatment.
5. Avoid sitting- on lightly colored fabrics until you shower
6. Avoid wearing- socks or closed-toed shoes for at least 8 hours after treatment.
PRESERVE (Extend the life of your tan):
*Remember* When you take your first shower, you will see some excess color wash off.
1. Use oil-free makeup remover, body wash, and face wash.
2. Do NOT scrub/exfoliate the skin. Doing so will remove your tan.
3. Avoid long hot showers/baths.
4. Pat your skin dry after each shower (do not rub).
5. After your 1st shower, make sure to moisturize frequently (With an oil-free moisturizer).
We recommend Hempz body lotion.
6. Your tan will last longer if you avoid swimming pools and seawater.